Industry: Healthcare Education, Non-Profit, Member Association
Salesforce Performance Upgrade
The implementation is 12 years old and has gathered a lot of technical debt over the years that results in performance degradation. Client wanted to refactor the implementation and replace the code with the newer no code options, that results in performance upgrade. We review and analysis of their current business logic implementation on Sales cloud and come up with recommendations on refactoring scope. After implementing the solutions client got the benefits of accepting bulk API requests, transactions became faster and easier and faster to accommodate in release cycles.
There is poor performance due to legacy fields and code, and it takes time to enhance its logic.
Remove no longer used code and data models, refactor the remaining code, and create code-free solutions for the objects where bulk processes fail.
Increased user satisfaction by increasing transaction speed, improved response to change by using no-code logic builders.
The client is the largest scientific and professional organization of psychologists in the United States. Its members, including scientists, educators, clinicians, consultants, and students.
The client Salesforce Marketing cloud and Sales cloud for marketing and sales organization. The implementation is 12 years old and has gathered a lot of technical debt over the years that results in performance degradation.
Client wanted to refactor the implementation and replace the code with the newer no code options, that results in performance upgrade.
The client was facing multiple challenges like:
- Performance degrades on batch jobs and integration while creation and updating of records.
- Legacy fields and code in system that is no longer in use but counts against the transaction time.
- All the logic in code that takes time to enhance when a change request comes in.
The client engaged with Technology Mindz to perform detailed review and analysis of their current business logic implementation on Sales cloud and come up with recommendations on refactoring scope.
- Document business processes around the objects where performance is low on bulk processes.
- Identify the processes no longer in use and the ones still in use.
- Approach to remove the code pieces and data model no longer in use to refactor the code still in use.
- Strategy for converting code into no code solutions.
For refactoring, we applied the following approach:
- Leveraging the client’s existing CI/CD approach divided the plan into small individual changes / stories.
- In the first iteration targeted removal of legacy code and data models that were no longer in use.
- In the second iteration converted trigger code into record triggered flows.
- In the third iteration converted synchronous operations into asynchronous using platform events and listener flows.
- Small changes allowed us to see the impact of change immediately without much risk.
After implementing the solutions client got the following benefits:
- System performance on integrations and bulk operations became better with each release and finally started accepting bulk API requests.
- All the not in use code and data models were retired, as a result transactions became faster.
- Converting synchronous transactions to asynchronous made the transactions much faster.
- Change requests became easier and faster to accommodate in release cycles.
- Resolved the problem performance degradation in Salesforce sales cloud.
- Achieved user satisfaction by increasing transaction performance.
- Improved change request delivery using no code logic builders.