Analysis of Pardot and Salesforce system and provide the right reports leveraging the Salesforce platform. The client was facing multiple challenges like bringing in Pardot campaign data into Salesforce, setting up historical reporting on campaigns and opportunity, setting up activity-based reporting in Salesforce. We resolved the problem of reporting at multiple places, all the reports are now available in Salesforce, achieved user satisfaction by giving them a full reporting suite, improved user experience with Pardot lightning app and better insight for the management in the sales process with understanding on which activities are leading opportunities towards positive closure.
The client is an information and advisory services company that connects business leaders to critical risk insights and expertise, enabling risk and security professionals to address their most pressing challenges more efficiently and deliver better risk management outcomes.
The client uses Pardot and Sales cloud for marketing and sales organization. They were seeking a report suite in Salesforce to show marketing and sales effectiveness using standard reporting tools.
The client was facing multiple challenges like:
- Bringing in Pardot campaign data into Salesforce.
- Setting up historical reporting on campaigns and opportunity.
- Setting up activity-based reporting in Salesforce.
The client engaged with Technology Mindz to perform detailed review and analysis of their current Pardot and Salesforce system and recommend solutions accordingly to come up with the right reports leveraging the Salesforce platform.
- Upgrade Pardot classic app to lightning along with the connector version.
- Use Salesforce to manage Campaigns instead of having standalone campaigns in Pardot.
- Bring in campaign member data from Padot into Salesforce.
- Create snapshot reporting in Salesforce for setting up historical data reporting’s.
For fulfilling client’s requirements, we applied the following approach:
- Enabled campaign member sync between Pardot and Salesforce.
- Upgraded Pardot app to lightning and the connector version to V2.
- Created custom report types in Salesforce around Campaign and Opportunity objects.
- Created reports in Salesforce using standard and custom reports on Campaign and Opportunity objects.
- Created opportunity historical reporting using snapshot reporting.
- Created Activity based reporting using custom fields populated through triggers and using custom report types.
After implementing the solutions client got the following benefits
- Full reporting on marketing and sales effectiveness including campaign revenues reports.
- Insight into minimum activities needed for making an opportunity closed won.
- Historical reporting that can provide week over week comparison.
- Pardot campaign member info in Salesforce for better reporting.
- Resolved the problem of reporting at multiple places, all the reports are now available in Salesforce.
- Achieved user satisfaction by giving them a full reporting suite.
- Improved user experience with Pardot lightning app.
- Better insight for the management in the sales process with understanding on which activities are leading opportunities towards positive closure.