Smartling offers a number of products. We have implemented the software service model and language service model within Salesforce. There is an integration between Looker and Salesforce. Data is imported from Looker into Salesforce. Each day, data is created in Looker from Salesforce.
The client uses Salesforce and other systems for marketing and sales organization. They were seeking to integrate peripheral systems with Salesforce for incoming data and setting up workflows in Salesforce for their business requirements.
- Analysis of the requirements
- Business activities related to the system
- High-level design approach
- Technical specifications of the implementations
- The client was facing multiple challenges like:
- No project management setup for running the developments.
- No use of the right tools for capturing requirements.
- Prioritization of requirements.
- Technical challenges on choosing the right salesforce offerings.
- Harnessing the power of Salesforce to their benefit
The client engaged with Technology Mindz to perform a detailed review and analysis of their current business logic implementation.
- Instead of doing code, we finished most of the part by automation provided by Salesforce.
- Developed a centralized approach for end-users
- Implemented an order and order line item approach for language service and software service.
- Created Orders and Order line items records for every opportunity
- Created Order records for every month’s consumption
- Order line items records for every day consumption
- Developed script to map existing opportunity and opportunity line records to Order and Order line item records.
For fulfilling client’s requirements, we applied the following approach
- Setup JIRA as a user story and project management tool, with Kanban board.
- Setup once a week meeting for backlog grooming and new requirements gathering.
- These meetings were also used for user story prioritization.
- Integrated peripheral systems with Salesforce for incoming opportunities.
- Setup duplicate management on language services and software services.
- Used other Salesforce offerings for business process implementation
After implementing the solutions client got the following benefits
- Clients got clear visibility and control on the product roadmap and feature releases.
- The release cycle became well defined and user feedback incorporation became faster.
- Better utilization of the Salesforce platform resulted in better user adoption.
- Faster data integration gave clients leverage over their competitors.
- The above changes enabled clients to serve their clients in a faster and better way.
- Resolved the problem of scattered requirements.
- Setting up agile project management resulted in faster feature deliveries.
- Increased salesforce feature utilization and user adoption.
- A satisfied client and client’s clients.