Migrate website from Magento 1 to Magento 2
One of our leading client from the Netherlands were having their eCommerce store on Magento 1 website. While looking for advanced process they were seeking someone who can upgrade the website technology version from Magento 1 to Magento 2. Technology Mindz takes the charge and migrates Spanjewijn.nl from Magento 1 to Magento 2. With Magneto 1 to 2 migration, Spanjewijn received the brand new online store on a powerful platform with enhanced functionality that meets the customer’s business needs. In addition to this, Technology Mindz also provided live chabot, payment integration with PayPal, and Mailchimp integration for sending the newsletters.
Spanjewijn (since 2002) is one of the leading and most affordable Spanish wine store in Benelux with more than 2500 wines. The collection includes Spanish red wine, white wine, rosés, Cava’s, Sherry, Manzanilla, Moscatel and also Port. All Spanish wine regions are well represented in their collection.
Spanjewijn.nl is an e-commerce store that houses all the collection of Spanjewijn for the online purchase where a consumer can simply search for a suitable wine and can even see the other consumer’s reviews to make a better decision while purchasing.
As per statistics, more than 70% of Magento 1 websites have been migrated to Magento 2 in the last three years. If any company still using Magento 1, even when it’s updated to the latest Magento 22.214.171.124, there would be a huge difference between that website and current Magento stores from design to functionality.
The client wanted to upgrade the e-commerce store as he was no longer satisfied with online store performance, the loading speed, and the design of Magento 1 website. Including this, he was facing security issues, which makes him decide to move the website from Magento 1 to Magento 2.3. Also, platform representatives of Magento have officially announced that they will stop supporting Magento 1 by June 2020. The platform will no longer release updates for plug-ins and modules. To make the site free from any future interruption he decided to update the Magento version of the site.
- Security Breaches as by the end of June 2020, Magento stopped publishing Community and Enterprise 1.x security patches, leaving Magento sites vulnerable to cyber-attacks and hacks.
- Serious security and performance risk
- No new module updates
- Slow checkout process
- Website loading speed issue
- No support of Magento for the platform or merchants after June’20
- Live chatbots for customers to make the conversation instant and fast
- Multi-step payment process with the net banking processes
- Migrate the eCommerce store from Magento 1 to Magento 2, with this Magento 2 users can get the full support from Magento community
- Upgrade the Magento version to get the updated Magento 2 security patches
- Integration with PayPal to make the payment method easy
- Provided a live chatbot twak.to to give the customers a highly personalized experience
- Functionality for advance global search so the consumer may directly search for a product without navigating too much
- Integrated a section to showcase customer reviews
- Provided new architecture to enhance the speed of the website
- Built the webstore with multilingual support in English and Dutch
- Created responsive admin panel to improve the dashboard interface and to ease the navigation
- Advanced sort and filter functionality to make the customers search easy
- Created a streamlined and one-page checkout process as according to surveys, 23% of shoppers abandon a cart if the checkout process is too complicated
- Provided a better user interface of the website
- Used twak.to module to integrate Live chat system which helps in managing the 24*7 chat support for the business owner
- Used IWD module to develop one-page checkout functionality containing the details of the user, the shipping values and the payment options all in one page
- Switch to latest PHP version from 5.6 to 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4
- Integrated 3rd party service for user feedback – The feedback Company Reviews
- Used PayPal extensions to integrate with PayPal gateway
- Extension mirasvit to create an advance global search
- Use of ajax for product filtration and addition/deletion of the product
- Secured website
- Improved performance and scalability
- Faster website loading time
- Improved admin interface
- More mobile-friendly
- Improved customer experience with user-friendly checkout
- Easy integration with 3rd party payment method
- 24×7 chat support to the customers helped to gain the trust
- 20% faster website loading time
- Improved technical architecture and new features
- Low down the security risk
- Achieved customer satisfaction with Live Chat support system
- Improved work efficiency
- Increased in Sales revenue with improved website speed